Make your own homemade strawberry lemonade with a few simple ingredients including fresh strawberries, a simple syrup, and lemon juice. Bonus- add fresh basil for a twist!
The BEST Strawberry Lemonade
Did you know you can make strawberry lemonade in your own home in less than 30 minutes? If you’ve made your homemade lemonade recipe and love that, then you’re sure to love this variation!
It’s made with freshly squeezed lemons, strawberry puree, and honey simple syrup. It’s perfectly sweet and the combination of honey, strawberry, and lemon is fantastic. We’re also amping things up for freshly muddled basil for a twist.
Once you’ve made your strawberry lemonade, you can drink it as is or add a shot of vodka to make it spiked!
Straberry Vodka Lemonade
This Strawberry Vodka Lemonade is made with fresh strawberry puree, fresh squeezed lemons and a honey simple syrup, plus vodka, of course! Get ready for your new favorite homemade cocktail.
How to Make Strawberry Lemonade
Make Honey Simple Syrup
Make your honey simple syrup by placing honey and water into a small saucepan. Bring the honey and water to a boil, and then reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes, stirring consistently. Stirring consistently will prevent the honey from burning to the bottom of your saucepan overheat.
When the syrup has reduced and thickened, remove from heat, pour into a jar, and place in the fridge to cool.
More of a classic simple syrup fan? Try our easy simple syrup recipe in place of honey simple syrup.
Honey Simple Syrup
Our go-to honey simple syrup recipe is an excellent all-natural simple syrup and so easy to make. It’s delicious in cocktails, lemonade, and even in some baking recipes!
Next, place the whole strawberries and water into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Then, pour over a sieve and use a spoon to press the puree through the holes. This will separate the strawberry seeds from the puree.
Then, set the strawberry puree aside.
We are flavoring our homemade strawberry lemonade recipe with fresh basil. It’s a fresh, delicious twist!
Place fresh basil in a glass, and add 2 tablespoons of water. Muddle the basil using a muddler or the end of a wooden spoon. This will help release the delicious basil flavor.
Then, stir in the chilled honey simple syrup and combine until all ingredients are mixed thoroughly.
Serve Strawberry Lemonade and Enjoy!
Place pitcher in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, or until completely chilled. Then serve strawberry lemonade over ice, and ENJOY. Pro tip: if you’re looking to turn this into a cocktail, add an ounce of vodka per cup of strawberry lemonade.
How do I make this lemonade sweeter?
Like sweeter lemonade? Simply add more simple syrup to this recipe.
How to Make a Large Bath of Strawberry Lemonade
This is a great recipe to double or triple to serve a crowd! Simply multiply each of the ingredients and make using the same instructions. Serve in a large beverage dispenser with mason jar glasses for the perfect backyard BBQ beverage.
Here’s how to serve 12:
- 1.5 cups water
- 1.5 cups honey
- 3 lb. fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 cups lemon juice
- 1.5 cups water
- fresh basil (optional)
How to Store Strawberry Lemonade
Store this strawberry lemonade in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days in the fridge. Because it calls for fresh strawberry puree and fresh-squeezed lemons, this lemonade will not keep as long as store-bought pasteurized juice does.
Freeze this strawberry lemonade in ice cube trays in the freezer, and then transfer them into a Ziploc or Stasher bag to keep for later in the freezer.
Simply thaw when you’re ready to use, or drop a few cubes into your traditional lemonade for an added flavor punch.
For the Simple Syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup honey
For the Strawberry Puree
- 1 lb. fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 4 large lemons)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup fresh basil + 2 tablespoons water (muddled) + more basil for serving
- First, make your simple syrup by placing honey and water into a small sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil and then let simmer for 10 minutes, stirring consistently.
- When syrup has reduced and thickened, remove from heat, pour into a jar, and place in the fridge to cool.
- Next, place strawberries and water into a blender and blend until smooth. Then pour over a sieve and use a spoon to press the puree through the holes separating the seeds from the puree. Set aside.
- Place 1/4 cup of basil in a glass and add 2 tablespoons of water. Muddle basil using a muddler or the end of a wooden spoon. This will help release the flavor.
- In a large pitcher, mix together lemon juice, water, basil, and strawberry puree. Add in honey simple syrup and combine.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or until chilled. Serve over ice.
Tips & Notes
- If you’re feeling sassy, you can spike your lemonade and add an ounce of vodka per cup.
Serving Size: 1/4
Keywords: strawberry lemonade