Looking for refreshing summer cocktails? Look no further- in this post we’re sharing all of our top summer cocktails plus our go-to blackberry cocktail recipe that’s as gorgeous as it is delicious.
Best Summer Cocktails
Summertime and the living is easy. Make yourself a cocktail and enjoy the weather! We love beer and wine, but in summer, we love summer cocktails. They’re light, fruity, fresh, and easy to make.
Whether you’re a vodka drinker, or like tequila, gin, or rum, we have so many delicious cocktails on Fit Foodie Finds perfect for all. Summer cocktails are all about easy drinking and this typically means hard alcohol + fruit juice + simple syrup.
Top 3 Summer Cocktails (according to YOU)
If you don’t feel like scrolling, you can stop right here! According to our analytics, here are the top 3 summer cocktails that you guys make all the time.
How to Make Simple Syrup
Simple syrup is a must to keep on hand for cocktails and cakes. Wondering how to make simple syrup? All you need is water, sugar, and a saucepan.
Make your own cocktail!
Looking to become your very own mixologist? Here’s a quick DIY summer cocktail recipe for you to keep in your back pocket.
- 1.5-oz. hard alcohol (vodka, rum, gin, tequila, etc.)
- 2 – 3-oz. juice (orange, lime, cranberry, lemonade, etc.)
- 1 – 2-oz. simple syrup
- add-ins + garnishes
Summer kicks off with Cinco de Mayo, which means that margaritas are one of our favorite summer cocktails.
Have you tried it?
Our favorite margarita recipe is made with classic ingredients: tequila, orange liqueur, fresh lime juice, and agave.
Vodka cocktails are near and dear to our hearts at Fit Foodie Finds because you can make hundreds of delicious combinations with vodka, different juices, herbs, and add-ins.
My personal favorite summer cocktail recipe when it comes to vodka is our Sex on the Beach. I’m all about fruit juices and this recipe just doesn’t get old.
Whether you call them frozen drinks, blended cocktails, or slushies, we are all about them! Frozen drinks are seriously a summer staple because they’re fun to make, look at, and drink!
Wine slushies are a refreshing, frozen cocktail made with your favorite bottle of wine, frozen fruit, and ice!
- 5–8 large fresh blackberries
- 1/2 lime, sliced
- 4–5 fresh mint leaves
- 2-oz. gin
- Club soda, enough to fill the glass (about 1/2 cup)
- Add the blackberries, lime, and mint to a highball glass. Muddle with a muddler or the back of a wooden spoon until the mint is broken up and the berries have released their juices.
- Add the gin, followed by the club soda. Stir to combine.
- Serve immediately with ice.
Tips & Notes
- Sweetness: If you prefer a sweeter drink, you can add simple syrup or quick dissolve sugar to taste.
Serving Size: 1
Keywords: blueberry cocktail, blueberry mojito